Thursday, May 30, 2013

Louie


This is fast becoming a rather addictive hobby. You would not think so looking at it – tedious more like it – but there is something almost meditative about folding the same module over and over again. I have a friend who has already gone through this phase and she agrees with me.

This fat fellow reminded me of another friend’s cat and so I named it Louie in his honour (Although this friend will be quick to say that her cat is not fat, he’s fluffy! : D ). Like Amigo, this was also an attempt to copy someone else’s design but he did not turn out the way I had envisioned either. I ended up changing the hamster figure into a cat. The assembly is a little crooked but when I put the features on, you do not notice the inconsistencies. Ah the wonders of art and illusion : P! 

Front

Side

Back

Oblique - This shot just looked cute so I decided to add it in. : D


Dimensions: 11 x 9 x 9 cm
Materials: White paper, orange paper, black cardstock, white cardstock, orange cardstock, fishing line
Tools: knife, glue, scissors, hole puncher 
Time to Make: ~6 hours 

No comments:

Post a Comment